Saturday, October 17, 2009

Jerome's progress...

Yesterday, my husband told me that Jerome's teacher at preschool said that Jerome was not cooperative.
So, I decided to pick him up from school today. We usually pick him up at 5 pm but I think we should do it earlier because I need to talk to one of his teacher.
I met Ms. Lee and asked her what was going on yesterday.

Ms. Lee said that Jerome was not cooperative. After clean up time, they have story telling time but Jerome refused to clean up the toys and even he threw the toys to the floor, laid his body on the floor which is not allowed by the teachers since they are afraid that other students will imitate his attitude. Jerome was asked to sit in a chair. He was crying but just for a while. Then everything was back to normal. But Ms. Debby was upset and looked unhappy. She told my husband that next time, if Jerome does it again, we (either me or my husband) should accompany Jerome at school to calm him.

Oh my....it was not the first time. Last month, Jerome did it for the first time. He was so angry and moody. We didn't know why. The teacher said that if he is not ready to go to school, we shouldn't force him. If it makes him come late to school, it's ok. We should make sure that he is ready for school. Otherwise, he will just make a trouble at school.
At the time, Ms. Bryan called me and asked me to pick Jerome up.
But yesterday, they didn't call me. Today, I was afraid that they would call me and asked me to pick Jerome up. I looked at my cellphone many times and listened to it carefully.
Thanks God, it didn't happen.

I hope it won't happen again in the future. Come on, Jerome....school is so much fun! You will miss it a lot after heading back to Indonesia.....

No comments:

Post a Comment