Saturday, October 17, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I just watched it this afternoon. Well yeah...where have I been? It's an old movie....hahaha....

It's because I just got a DVD player from Eka who was already heading back to Indonesia. She gave it to me for free. Yay!!!

OK. Slumdog millionaire is truly a very good movie. I watched it at my apartment while my son Jerome was at school and my husband went to Champaign Library. I borrowed the DVD from that library for free last week but I just had time to watch it this afternoon.
If you want to know what that movie tells about, just google it and you will find a lot of notes about it.

I am so impressed by that movie. To see how slums society in India is just like what is going on in Indonesia, my original country. It's so sad but true. So many poverty that the government couldn't come up with it. It's too complicated, man...

I'm impressed by Jamal, the actor, who is really calm and confident. He is also really smart. Even though most of his answers were based on his true story or just a coincidence, but I believe he is such a smart guy. He can remember many things, even the things from his childhood.

I'm also impressed by Latifa, his girl friend from his childhood who became a gangster's wife. The gangster is so arrogant and has a bad temper. Oh my....it's just like me! I'm also bad tempered some times. It just remind me to be nice to my husband and my son no matter how stressful my life is. I do thank my husband for being so nice to me. He is never upset or saying something bad to me. He never does something nasty or anything that women hate. I should thank God for giving me such a wonderful husband like him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment