Monday, August 31, 2009

Our first anniversary

Today is June 22nd 2009 and it is Firman and Laili's first wedding anniversary....
Congratulations to both of you!!!!

It reminds me of my own-first-wedding anniversary, which was on August 6th, 2006, it's about 3 years ago...
At the time, our little Jerome was almost 2 months. Me and my husband planned to go out for a romantic dinner to celebrate our first anniversary...My mom (who just came from Medan) was at my home, and also there were a baby sitter and a maid.
So, I thought it's OK to go out for a while because Jerome would be safe at home.

Me and my husband prepared ourselves for the dinner and were ready to go until, suddenly, our cute little prince Jerome, cried and being cranky....At first, I tried to tell him that we just wanted to go out for a while. I also breastfed him to make him sleeping, but it didn't work.
Then my mom and the baby sitter tried to calm him down, cradled and lulled him, and again, it didn't work.
Gosh....it took about an hour and it was almost 8 pm...You know, in Jakarta, you need at least 1 hour to reach any place.
Jerome was still crying and crying and nothing could stop him.

My husband massaged Jerome's foots but he was still crying. Then my husband said that we should stay at home with Jerome because Jerome looked unhappy if we left him alone, even though there were my mom, a baby sitter and a maid at our home.

And you know what? After Jerome heard his Dad's words, Jerome suddenly stopped crying! He looked at us happily....

Hahahahaha.....it was so funny....so it's true that he didn't want us to leave him alone...(it's also difficult to go out with him because he was just almost 2 months!)

Finally we just stayed at home, gathered with Jerome and watched him sleeping peacefully...
That moment was one of the most unforgettable moment in our marriage life...

Urbana,
June 22nd, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment